It’s been a while since I did any 3D modeling. It has been a learning experience as well as I had upgraded to Lightwave 2018. My first model in a long time, a Burke 115 chair. It is still a work-in-progress.
This is also the second version that I modeled in Lightwave of the Observation Deck as seen in The Conscience of the King. This time around I followed the actual geometry of the walls and the result is a non-rectangular room 🙂 From production information, it’s a modified redress of the Romulan Bird of Prey bridge set from “The Balance of Terror”.
With this unusual shape, it doesn’t fit into any of the overlooking observation areas that are visible from the Flight Deck/Shuttle Bay so I’ve placed this room forward of the Flight Deck.
This is actually my Version 2 of the Flight Deck modeled back in September of 2013. Camera matched and modeled in Lightwave and based on the original FX as seen in “The Galileo Seven”. As built, it was too wide with the alcoves to fit in a 947′ model of the Enterprise. After scaling up the Enterprise to 1,084′ it fits nicely. The rest of Project 1701 will be based on the Enterprise scaled to 1,084′.
Welcome to a relaunch of a project that I started way back in April 2010 on TrekBBS. This project’s goal is to accurately and faithfully re-create the USS Enterprise from the original Star Trek series as a digital 3D model. I’ll be using Lightwave as my modeling and rendering application.
For this project I’ll be working within these parameters:
- Use primarily the on-screen source material as possible to be screen accurate.
- Limit the source material to the original series episodes and first six movies.
- Understand what the designer’s intent was but what actually made it into production takes precedent.
- Think “What would the Thermians do?” Coined by Albertese on TrekBBS.
- Be creative in areas that were never shown on screen but still be faithful to what was presented.
Due to family-work balance this project will take a while, but should be fun.
I’ll have a central Directory page to organize the different sections in this project.
Welcome to FightingStarships.Info…