Welcome to a relaunch of a project that I started way back in April 2010 on TrekBBS. This project’s goal is to accurately and faithfully re-create the USS Enterprise from the original Star Trek series as a digital 3D model. I’ll be using Lightwave as my modeling and rendering application.
For this project I’ll be working within these parameters:
- Use primarily the on-screen source material as possible to be screen accurate.
- Limit the source material to the original series episodes and first six movies.
- Understand what the designer’s intent was but what actually made it into production takes precedent.
- Think “What would the Thermians do?” Coined by Albertese on TrekBBS.
- Be creative in areas that were never shown on screen but still be faithful to what was presented.
Due to family-work balance this project will take a while, but should be fun.
I’ll have a central Directory page to organize the different sections in this project.